Total Pageviews

Welcome

Welcome, welcome! and thanks for stopping by!
You're gonna love me
But if you don't...
see that red X at the top of the page?
The right side...
yep, that one, it's impossible to miss...
Click.

Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Rapture.

Trigger: This is a religious post. Don't say I didn't warn you.

So the other day, I was lying in my bed, reading an e-book on my laptop, waiting to drift off to sleep. I like to read myself to sleep cos i have nothing else to do these days. In two weeks though, school's starting, so that's going to change. Anyway I digress. 

So there I was, reading, right, and I drifted off. 

You know that moment between sleep and wakefulness, when any small noise wakes you quickly? Yes, i was in that phase, when I heard some music. 

Now, my building is usually very quiet at night. No loud music, nothing. So it was pretty unusual. 

I awoke with a start. 

I'm about to say something very stupid. 

I thought it was (i'm almost covering my eyes n shame here)...

wait for it...

wait for it...

rapture. 

If you're laughing, please stop.

I actually thought I was hearing the trumpet. not a trumpet, but THE TRUMPET. THE. 

I don't think I have ever been that scared in my whole entire life. Like, my whole entire life actually passed right before my eyes. All the Bible passages I had ever read, all the Left Behind books I ever read, all the end-time movies i ever saw...everything. 

Like I said, I have never been that scared in my life. 
I think what scared me the most was that I actually didn't feel myself moving. I didn't feel I would, you know, rise up to be with the Lord like it says in a particular chapter of Jude. 

When i located the source of the music, I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. I ended up praying the most heart-felt prayer I have prayed in years. I don't know how long  stayed like that. 

It's not that I'm a bad person. Because I'm not. 
But sometimes, i drift away from Jesus, and my greatest fear is that, it's on one of those occasions that he would come back for the church. 

But i have come to understand something. It's not by being a pastor, or preaching to a hundred people, or by being a fanatic. It is by grace that we are saved. Only by His grace. And there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. 

Reading the Bible does bring one peace of mind. 

Frankly, I don't care if I only get to stand on the doormat of heaven. I just want to get in, and spend the rest of eternity worshipping God. That's really all. 

6 CerebrallyEndowed views:

@ilola said...

Uhmmm. WAKE UP CALL!!!

Giagerry said...

Amen, we'd make it in Jesus' name.

Nee Fe Mi said...

Lol, i laughed well sha. But i hear you, i want to get in, no matter what. It is by his Grace and mercy

Etoile Oye said...

I so agree... I'd rather choose to be a pantry maid in heaven than the mistress in hell any day... We pray for the grace to be ready whenever THE trumpet does sound...

Yen said...

ive heard about that rapture thing... thats the end of human existence ryt?

CerebrallyBusy said...

Honey, it's when Jesus Christ comes back for his church. You can email me if you want to talk about this in more detail